Englewood Drive/Engle Road Facilities
Middleburg Heights, OhioInvestment Offering
The transaction involved the sale of two high image multi-tenant developments known as the Hadley Business Campus and Englewood Centre. The portfolio was comprised of eight (8) buildings totaling 294,164 square feet on twenty-three (23) acres. CRESCO Real Estate represented both the Seller and the Buyer.
- The Buyer required a 1031 Exchange with specific parameters.
- Buyer was from California, with a perceived negative perception of the Greater Cleveland marketplace.
- The existing mortgage was assumable; however terms and assumption fees were not attractive.
- The offering was comprised of multiple tenants (46) with short-term leases (2-5 years). The upcoming lease turnover was a major concern.
- Seller also required a 1031 Exchange in order to consummate a transaction on the offering.
- The CRESCO team had discussions with the existing mortgage holder, as well as providing the Buyer with alternatives which resulted in financing well below market.
- Upcoming lease turnover was addressed by capitalizing on existing Tenant relationships and executing lease extensions prior to property transfer.
- Negative market perception concerns were overcome by expanding upon the positives which are often ignored by the media.
- The Seller achieved his objective of receiving a respectable value despite market conditions. In a relatively short timeframe, CRESCO was able to identify an out of state 1031 exchange for the Seller.
- The Buyer achieved his objective in completing his 1031 exchange and investing into a second tier market. Additionally, as a result of his experience with our team, we have retained and will continue to manage and lease both developments.
Call us today at 216.520.1200 to find out more about how we can help you.